Tuesday 28 June 2011

Brancaster Manor (Part 2)

I arrived inside the living room, a cooling and welcoming shelter from the heat and bright sunlight outside, which now provided welcome illumination to the mostly shuttered-up house.
I was surprised to find so many intact period details, such as this chandelier.
And items from the 1970's....
Back to the 1930's....
and even the 1880's.
But even more surprised with the centrepiece of the room.
I never cease to be amazed by what survives sometimes.
The next room yields a more pronounced sense of abandonment.
























But with a few remnants left behind

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! :) I love that you've added comments to some of the photos, so we all can feel like we've actually "been there". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I had hoped it was a little more "involving" than than Facebook :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!